NOTE: Save a copy of all modified reports!
The report specification
for invoices (Invoices.xml) and statements (statements.xml) are located in
the PM20B\Reports folder. This would be where the Musick Provider is
installed. Usually on the server. The default path would be:
C:\Program Files\Musick International, Inc\Musick Provider\PM20B\Reports
These report specifications can be modified using VS Report Designer. The VS
Report Designer install is located on the Property Manager CD:
<cd drive>\MiManager\VSReporter\VSRpt7.txt file contains installation and
or downloaded from our web site:
View7Setup.exe will install the Report Designer version 7.
VS Report Designer 7.0
Product Key 0732-4C23B4D9
All reports that are modified should have a copy
another folder. A future install of Property Manager will overwrite
the report you modified.
Reports can be made specific to a database. This would
prevent the reports from being overwritten (as they would
be saved in the database directly.) Start the Musick
Manager. Select "Tools" from the menu and then "Control
Pannel". At the bottom of the "Settings" tab check the box
"Enable Database Specific Reports if Available".
Reports are checked out and checked in through the "Database
Toolbox" - "Report Maintenance". After checing out a report, the
report can be modified. The report is located in the "Report-Edit"
folder under the d:\Program Files\Musick International\Musick Manager.
You can either 1) modify the Standard report (path mentioned above) or 2)
modify the report and save it to the database.
1) If you modify the standard report, you must be sure to backup the report
and restore it after re-install the Property Manager. The standard report
will be overwritten by the install. To change the report simply change the
report spec (invoice.xml) where the Musick Provider is installed.
2) If you save the new report to the database, the statement will never be
overwritten and will be specific to that company. To change a spec that is
saved to the database you must do a few additional steps.
1) Start the Musick Manager and connect to the company
2) From the "Database Toolbox" menu select "Report
3) For the "Report Type" select "Program Reports"
4) For the "Product" select "Property Manager"
5) Highlight the Invoices.xml and Statements.xml and
Click the "Check Out" button.
6) A copy of the respective report will be saved to the
C:\Program Files\Musick International, Inc\Musick Manager\Report-Edit
folder on this workstation.
7) Edit the report as necessary. It may be easier to
modify the report on the server and then copy it here to save to the
8) From the "Report Maintenance" screen highlight the
report to save and click the "CheckIn" button.
9) Test the invoice and/or statement that was modified.
Thank you for selecting the PROPERTY MANAGER. If we can be of
assistance, please contact us at 719-395-4171 or